Integration options of SAP S/4HANA Transportation Management
- SAP S/4HANA Embedded TM – integration of TM and other applications on the same system instance with central master data.
- SAP S/4HANA TM – as a decentralized system in a so-called sidecar scenario (side-by-side).
The Business Partner in SAP S/4 HANA Transportation Management
How do I get Business Partners into my S/4HANA Transportation Management?
What is the challenge if you use an SAP ECC as the backend system?
Our recommendations and practical tips
- They still offer the advantage of being able to work with change pointers
- The know-how for configuring distribution models, partner profiles and IDoc extensions is widespread in IT departments
- It is generally recommended to work with reduced message types in order to significantly reduce the effort of having to reconcile customizing from the source system.
- The DRF_FOUNDATION business function (as of EHP8) covers the DRF functionalities for the transfer of business partners (via Web Service), shipping points and plants.
- The transfer of products is only possible via IDoc, if a SAP ECC is the source system. The corresponding DRF functionality may currently only be used with a valid MDG license. If there is no MDG license, transaction BD10 must be used.
We are here for You!
Don’t be afraid of Business Partners! It is worthwhile to pay attention to the topic at an early stage as part of an SAP S/4HANA transformation. Together, we will find a solution for your initial scenario to be able to start with the TM implementation even without Business Partners. Could we spark your interest? Feel free to contact us at
Great Flexibility for Your Transportation Processes with Conditions in SAP S/4HANA TM
Automation and flexibility in transportation management are essential, because manual processes cost time and time is money. More flexibility and automation with the Fiori Launchpad.
SAP S/4HANA Transportation Management: It won’t work without Business Partners!
SAP S/4HANA TM will replace the existing LE-TRA at the end of 2027. But what do companies need to consider when transferring master data from the “Business Partner”? Read more in the article.
#futureoflogistics: leogistics Points the Way to the Future of Logistics
What is the significance of technologies such as AI and machine learning in logistics? How can sustainable logistics work?
Standing Up To Digital Freight Forwarders
Digital freight forwarders are entering the transport order market. How can classic freight forwarders keep pace?
Solving Complex Planning Problems With The Help Of Machine Learning – A Practical Example
Machine learning can provide valuable assistance in solving almost unsolvable tasks – and thus increase the efficiency of many processes.
Container management: Do you still have all containers in stock?
Virtually nothing works in logistics without containers. With smart container management, the cycle can be controlled efficiently.
How to successfully migrate from SAP TM 9.5 to S/4HANA TM
You have decided to migrate from your SAP TM 9.5 system to SAP S/4HANA Transportation Management? But what happens next? What needs to be migrated in the first place? What tools and S/4HANA utilities are there and what do they cover? And what S/4HANA best practices exist?
SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01: Many New Features in Stock
However, FPS01 not only offers new possibilities for TM, but also on the other side of the warehouse gates we get a slew of interesting enhancements for EWM.
SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01: SAP TM and EWM Improve Interface Communication
What´s new in the SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01 release? (PART 1/2)
We have taken a look at the innovations and want to present the most interesting features such as “Advanced Shipping Receiving”.