Integration options of SAP S/4HANA Transportation Management
- SAP S/4HANA Embedded TM – integration of TM and other applications on the same system instance with central master data.
- SAP S/4HANA TM – as a decentralized system in a so-called sidecar scenario (side-by-side).
The Business Partner in SAP S/4 HANA Transportation Management
How do I get Business Partners into my S/4HANA Transportation Management?
What is the challenge if you use an SAP ECC as the backend system?
Our recommendations and practical tips
- They still offer the advantage of being able to work with change pointers
- The know-how for configuring distribution models, partner profiles and IDoc extensions is widespread in IT departments
- It is generally recommended to work with reduced message types in order to significantly reduce the effort of having to reconcile customizing from the source system.
- The DRF_FOUNDATION business function (as of EHP8) covers the DRF functionalities for the transfer of business partners (via Web Service), shipping points and plants.
- The transfer of products is only possible via IDoc, if a SAP ECC is the source system. The corresponding DRF functionality may currently only be used with a valid MDG license. If there is no MDG license, transaction BD10 must be used.
We are here for You!
Don’t be afraid of Business Partners! It is worthwhile to pay attention to the topic at an early stage as part of an SAP S/4HANA transformation. Together, we will find a solution for your initial scenario to be able to start with the TM implementation even without Business Partners. Could we spark your interest? Feel free to contact us at